You just got an amazing job offer. You aren’t quite sure how you feel about it yet, but you know it’s great news. You just have to figure out how to respond to your employer properly.
Congratulation is one way to show your gratitude for the other person’s interest in you and your CV. But how do you thank someone for congratulating you? It may seem like a small gesture, but it leaves a big impact on the other person.
5 ways to thank someone for congratulating you
1. Check your ego at the door
You’ve been offered a job. You’re thrilled, but you feel like you have to thank someone for congratulating you. Isn’t it obvious that the person would congratulate you? Yes and no. It’s the polite thing to do, but the person may not even know how you feel about their offer. It’s totally fine to be excited and thrilled, but you also want to make sure you’re being respectful. You don’t want to come off as arrogant or ungrateful. You may want to check your ego at the door and let the other person know how thrilled you are with the offer.
2. Change your email signature
Your email signature is something you probably don’t even notice. It’s just something at the bottom of the email that says who you are, what you do, and where you work. If you’re job searching, you may have even changed your email signature to include all of the companies you’re interested in working for. If you’ve been offered a job, why not change your email signature to include the company that offered you the job? This way, every time you send an email, the person who offered you the job will see that you’re excited about the opportunity. It’s a small gesture, but it’s a nice way to let the other person know that you’re grateful.
3. Show your gratitude in-person
If you know the person well enough to visit, congratulations! You have the opportunity to show your gratitude in-person. This is especially important if you are interviewing for a position in another country. You can thank the person in-person and also ask any questions you may have about your new job and the location. Letting the other person know how much their congrats mean to you in-person is a great way to let them know that you appreciate their support.
4. Send a hand written thank you note
If you weren’t able to visit or are interviewing with a company thousands of miles away, sending a hand written thank you note is a great way to show your gratitude. A hand written thank you note is a thoughtful and meaningful way to show your gratitude for the other person’s interest in you. A hand written thank you note also shows that you put thought and effort into the gift. It’s one of the best ways to show someone that you truly appreciate them.
5. Don’t forget to celebrate!
When you’ve been offered a new job, it’s easy to get caught up in the “what now?” Next steps take up a lot of the focus and energy. It’s important to celebrate what you’ve been working towards and to acknowledge how awesome this moment is for you. Letting the person know that you are excited and grateful for their offer is a great way to celebrate. And even though it’s polite to show your gratitude, don’t forget to celebrate how amazing this moment is for you.
How to Congratulating Someone on a Promotion
Thank You Messages for Parents on Graduation Day
Work Anniversary Messages and Wishes
How to Say Thank You When Someone Congratulates You
- Thank you so much for your kind words – they mean a lot to me.
- I really appreciate your support and encouragement – thank you!
- Thank you for your congratulations and best wishes – they mean a lot to me.
- I feel very lucky and fortunate to have you in my life – thank you!
- Your congratulations and support mean the world to me – thank you!
- I am truly touched and grateful for your congratulations – thank you!
- Thank you so much for your kind thoughts and well wishes – they mean a lot to me.
- I am truly grateful for your congratulations and support – thank you!
- Your congratulations and best wishes are greatly appreciated – thank you!
- I am very appreciative of your congratulations and kind words – thank you!
- Thank you for congratulating me – it really means a lot.
- I really appreciate your congratulations and kind words. Thank you so much.
- Thank you for taking the time to congratulate me. It really means a lot.
- Thank you for your lovely words of congratulations. They mean a lot to me.
- I cannot thank you enough for your congratulations. They mean the world to me.
Is it okay to say, “Thank you so much for your congratulations” to someone who congratulated you?
Saying “thank you so much” is a way of expressing gratitude that can feel weird at first. But saying it out of politeness, not obligation, is the right thing to do. You can also express your thanks by thanking them for the congratulations and letting them know how much it means to you.
Another thing you can do when someone congratulates you is tell them all the things they did to deserve it, such as how hard you worked or how far you’ve come. This shows them how much they mean to you, and it makes you feel good about yourself to be recognized for your efforts.
It’s okay to say “thank you” when someone congratulates you.
Congratulation is a great way to show your gratitude for the other person’s interest in hiring you. Whether you let them know in-person or via an email, it’s important to let the person know that you are excited about the opportunity and grateful for their interest in you. Check your ego at the door, change your email signature, and show your gratitude in-person or via a hand written thank you note to show the other person that you truly appreciate them. Don’t forget to celebrate this awesome moment for you!